Je thuishaven in verrassend Amsterdam
Thank you so much for making my trip to Amsterdam so amazing. Your enthousiam for life is realy contagious. Your recommendations were spot on and made the most of my short stay in Amsterdam. I will surely recommend your services to all my friends. Again thank you!
USA, New York, Theophilus
* We had an amazing time in Amsterdam and a very relaxing stay at Above Water. Dirk was such a great host and we particulary enjoyed the fresh breakfast every morning. Dirk gave us lots of advice and recommendations for exploring the city. It was a shame that it rained 4 days and that we were here because we would have loved to spent lots of time cycling around the city and the countryside. BUT, we had a fantastic time visiting Banksy, Anne Frank etc. Thanks again Dirk for your hospitallity. I am sure we will be back to visit this great city very soon. All the best.
United Kingdom, Amy & George
I had a really nice time in Amsterdam and a lot of it thanks to your
nice place, far enough from the crowds of the center. I also managed to
jump for a day to The Hague. We took a bike and went to the beach like
real Dutch. Thanks for all the good food, as my Burmese friend says:
"you came thin, and went out as a sumo wrestler" ;-). Hope to come
again, thank you.
Israel, Tel Aviv, Erez.
Thank you Dirk for providing us such a lovely clean and cosy place to
stay while visiting our son who lives on the next boat. We loved the
local area and city center of Amsterdam. We took a day trip to the Delta
Works. It was facinating how the Dutch control the water! We also
visited the Zaanse Schans. It was beautiful with the windmills and the
whole town smelled like chocolate! Dirk was the best host! He is very
friendly and helpful. The scambled eggs for breakfast were fantastic! We
hope te be back soon and would like to stay here again.
Enfield USA, John & Nancy
* We had a fantastic long summer stay in Amsterdam! The Studio felt like home, was clean and the bed was great. We liked hopping from the busy city center to the nice and neighbourly "Indische Buurt." Thanks to Dirk we also made some great (bicycle) trips outside Amsterdam. Next year we'll come back for sure! Thank you Dirk and family for the great time and hospitality.Dortmund Germany, Herman & Brunhilde
* Nice accomodation and superkind host! Thanks for the useful information and your kindness.
Novi Ligure Italy, Paolo & Eleonora
Thank you for all. This time I discoverd Amsterdam with the bike and I
enjoyed it. It's a good bike and a wonderful feeling to find so many
places in this city. I always slept well in this bed and in the morning
the sun came in and I saw the movements from the water on the ceiling.
And than....what will be in the box for breakfast this morning? Every
day a bit different, such a lovely idea. I realy enjoyed my time in
Amsterdam. I love this city and I will come again. I'll tell my friends
about this nice place to live and spend a quiet time. Dirk thank you so
much for a fine and perfect stay ! :-)
2017, Vienna Austria, Michaela
A beautiful city to celebrate my 40th birthday, full of coulors and
secrets that we have visited by foor and bycicle. Thanks a lot to Dirk
for all and his great breakfast.
2017, Milan Italy, Massimilliano & Valentina
* Had a wonderful stay at Above water, beautiful settings and great hospitality! We loved your recommendations especially Roest! We felt at home here with everything we needed and more. The ducks outside our window were a bonus! Thank you Dirk and family, we couldn't have asked for more. We will recommend to all of our friends.
2017, England, Yasmine & Ian
* What a plesant stay here in Amsterdam! Thank you Dirk for your warm welcome. We were very happy to discover the town and the Amsterdam way of life. Every point of interest is accessible by bike (Dirk's one's are comfortable and look very traditional & funny. Many peacefull parks and walkways......many nice places. Dirk knows many tips and don't hesitate to ask him. Thanks for all!
2017, Rennes France, Nicolas & Fanny
* We loved our stay at Above Water and looking the ducks. Dirk is a fantastic owner. Dirk's advices are helpful and we felt at home in Amsterdam. The bikes made us enjoy Amsterdam even more. Thank you for all Dirk, see you next time!
2017, Florence Italy, Valentina & Laurent
We had a lovely stay at Above Water. The room was better than described
on the website. Very clean and quaint. Some very unique furniture too.
The bed was comfortable and there was everything we needed for our stay.
We came through a bit of a warm spell for this time of year. When asked
for a fan one came within 10 minutes. Dirk is very friendly resposive
and knowledgeable. The location is great within 10 minutes you can walk
to a tram stop (#14) that takes you directly to the city centre. A quiet
location but not to far at all. There were bikes we could rent and got
help to size them. We definitly wouldn't hesitate to come back. Thank
you Dirk and family.
May 2017, Nova Scotia Canada, Heather and Shelly
* Our stay in Above Water was amazing: Thank you Dirk and wonderful family for being so welcoming. From the moment we arrived we had the warmest welcome; telling us where to go and the more upcoming parts of Amsterdam. Ask Dirk anything about this beautiful city and he will know. Breakfast is delicious and filling. Fresh bread, yum yum. So sad to be leaving and can't wait to come back!May 2017, UK, Tom & Jade
* We loved our stay at Above Water. We needed a holliday and that's what we just got. Amazing restaurants with great food. Relaxing bicyclerides just around the corner. Loved waking up to see ducks outside our window, and get the best breakfast in town from Dirk & family. Thank you so much for a perfect stay!! We will come back again!May 2017, Norway, Marte & Øijvind
Our stay at Above water was amazing. Thank you Dirk and your wonderful
family for beeing so welcome. From the moment we arrived we had the
warmest welcome. Telling us where to go and the more upcoming parts of
Amsterdam. Ask Dirk anything about this beautiful city and he will know.
Breakfast with fresh bread is delicious and filling. Yum yum. Dirk even
got me little bit of cake for my birthday. So sad to be leaving and
can't wait to come back.
May 2017, UK, Tom & Jade
* Being Dirk's guest was a very plesant experience. His recommandations were valuable and much appreciated. Rent his bikes; it's the best way to experience Amsterdam. Resume of our highlights: Stedelijk Museum, Bike in the polder to "Het Schoolhuis", diner at Wilde Zwijnen, the area around Mediamatic and the Foodhallen.
May 2017, Berlin Germany, Sophie & Jan
* We would like to thank Dirk and his family for the warmest welcome. We fell instantly in love with the city, it's people and the culture. It might just be our favourite city in the world and we can't wait to come back. Don't hesitate to ask Dirk about everything going on in Amsterdam, he knows all the hidden gems. We will spread the good word from Above Water everywhere! Thank you, merci, dank je!
May 2017, Montreal Canada, Stephane & Sophie
* Three days at Amsterdam. It's easy to arrive at Above Water and it's really funny to stay here and discover a houseboat. A very nice place with beautiful coloring and 'decoration'. Dirk is nice and he helped us. We are happy to have found this location. We went three days with the bikes: the Old Town, the Museum Quarter, Vondelpark, Jordaan, Eye Film Museum (with the ferry) and have seen green birds! We liked the food a lot. Thank you for all Dirk.
April 2017, France, Sandra & Victor
We've had a fantastic time at Above Water. What a warm welcome from Dirk! We were given help where to eat (a fantastic Indonesian place) and hiring the bikes was great fun. On our last day Dirk showed us places we could cycle out to away from the centre. It was great fun and nice to see the more traditional side of the Netherlands. We don't want to go home!
April 2017, Emily + Mick
Our stay in Above Water was perfect! Lovely time in this incredible
city and the family looked after us in every single detail. The bikes
provided by Dirk made us enjoy every single part of Amsterdam. If you
have the choise - don't miss Van Gpgh museum - we loved more than
April 2017, Spain, Aida & Alfonso
* Above Water feels like at home! A plesant stay on the Dutch chanels with a friendly atmosphere. Dirk helped us with everything. A cute landlord! Good breakfast (milk, eggs, croissants, fresh bread and yogurt) and all comfort at Above water. The connection to the centre is easy by bus or bike. The area is quiet and not touristic. Only a little problem for us, no daily towel change.
April 2017, Italy, Valerio and Lucia
* Have had a wonderful time, loved Amsterdam more than I expected, friendly people and we've been lucky to have some beautiful weather. Lovely, comfortable stay, brilliant breakfast, thank you kind for being such a wonderfull host. We'll definatily come back again.
March 2017, Kent England, Jan & Graham
* Our stay at Above Water was simply perfect! Dirk & his family are really great nice people. Always here to help!;-) Dirk's breakfast is good and we really enjoyed his scrambled eggs! The house is very cosy and clean. We appreciated a lot the calm and serenity of the location. That allowed us to get some real rest! Thanks for the warm welcome & your help. We really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back. Dirk shares his best tips to discover the city; don't hasitate to ask!
March 2017, Toulouse France, Martin & Catherine
* We had a warm welcome from Dirk when we arrived. He showed us Above Water and we loved this cosy little home immediately! The bed is definately worth to mention- what a confortable nights sleep. I'm sure you'll agree. Not only that but we also loved the neighbourhood. Dirk recommended lots of nice places in the neighbourhood such as the Jenever distillery and bar in the park. Breakfast was ample and if you get the opportunity try Dirk's scrambled eggs! Dirk helped up with OV cards for public transport. Transport links are very good from Above Water and go to most areas of the city centre. We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we have!
March 2017, England. Paula & Jerry
Our stay at Above water was extremely nice! Our host was very kind and
caring and tried to satisfy all of our needs. We appreciated this very
much and if we come back to this city we would most definetily stay here
again. And I forget, the scambled eggs the host made us for breakfast
March 2017, Italy, Sohia & Matteo
* We came to Amsterdam "only" for a weekend. The most of the time the weather wasn't the best, so we couldn't rent the bikes. I strongly recomend you do because your more independent and see much more from the city. Dirk is very nice and helpfull person. He prepared breakfast for us and recomended so many good places to eat and to visit! We had a perfect time and for sure will come back.
Februari 2017, Prague CZE, Sabina & John
* For more than a week we slept en stayed in Above Water. What a nice place to stay! It has a good atmosphere and the host Dirk is very friendly and serves good breakfast.
We liked discovering the upcoming neighbourhood ‘Indische Buurt’ a lot. More off the beaten track and not as touristic as the City centre. We travelled easily by bike and bus to all the museums.
Februari 2017, Lyon France, Suzanne and Daniel
* We only had three beautiful days here in Amsterdam, but we used the time really well. The studio by the houseboat was the best option to sleep. The connection to the Centre is one of the best; 12 minutes to the Central Station by bus. Dirk the owner is a nice, awesome and helpful person. The breakfast is great! The whole place is a dream.
Marvin and Claudia, Austria, January 2017
* Our stay at Above Water was utterly delightful! All of our needs were met and exceeded. Our hosts opened up not only their guesthouse but also their home. We were treated as honoured guests rather than customers. I would wholeheartedly recommend listening to their suggestions on places to eat, shop and tour. They are extremely knowledgeable about the area and have great insight into places to go. If you have a chance, ask for the scrambled eggs. They're delicious! We came as guests and are leaving as friends.
2 jan. 2017 Kathleen and David Thomas, U.SA.